The University of Maryland School of Medicine's PTRS Department is actively engaged in a variety of post-professional learning programs. Please click on the links below to learn more about our programs.
Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency with Kennedy Krieger Institute (KKI)
- The University of Maryland School of Medicine's PTRS Department has partnered with Kennedy Krieger Institute (KKI) to provide didactic education and training to residents enrolled in KKI's Physical Therapy Clinical Residency Program. UMSOM's PTRS Department will provide KKI residents with didactic education through lectures, lab experiences, and assistant teaching opportunities in its entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. (existing content)
- For more information on KKI's Physical Therapy Clinical Residency Program and its partnership with University or Maryland School of Medicine's PTRS Department, please go to their website at http://www.kennedykrieger.org/professional-training/training-disciplines/physical-therapy.
Fellowship in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy at Camden Yards with the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM)
Our 13-month program includes:
- 360 hours of didactic education
- 150 one-on-one mentoring hours
- Physician grand rounds
- Training with a radiologist
- Shadowing orthopedists and other physician specialists
- Patient-care clinic hours working alongside 3 FAAOMPT-credentialed therapists
- Teaching in the University of Maryland’s entry-level DPT program
For more information, please email program director Roy Film: email@example.com or visit our website at https://www.umms.org/ummc/pros/gme/fellowship/physical-therapy
*** ABPTRFE has granted the University of Maryland School of Medicine Fellowship in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy candidacy status. Candidacy status signifies satisfactory progress toward accreditation. Achieving candidacy status is not an indication that ABPTRFE will grant initial accreditations. Participants who graduate from a program in candidacy status are not deemed to have completed an accredited program. ***