The University of Maryland School of Medicine Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Science (PTRS) is profoundly dedicated to contributing and advancing health care through research. With our faculty, dedicated leadership, and new sponsored funding opportunities, PTRS expects to take evidence based physical therapy and rehabilitation science to new milestones.
PTRS' Current Funded Research Projects (PDF)
PTRS Recent Publications
Post-DocTraining Program: University of Maryland Advanced Neuromotor Rehabilitation Research Training (UMANRRT) (PDF)
Research Events Calendar (DOC)
Formal research collaborations exist between many local institutions, centers, departments, and universities. Several current collaborations are with the following:
- Gad Alon, PhD, PT
- Larry Forrester, PhD
- Mary Rodgers, PhD, PT, FAPTA
- Mark Rogers, PhD, PT, FAPTA
- Sandy McCombe Waller, PhD, PT
- Doug Savin, PhD, MPT
- Kelly Westlake, PhD, MSc, PT
- Jill Whitall, PhD
PTRS Research Staff
Please also visit our PTRS Research Staff page.
PTRS Research in the News
- Advances in Aging in Fall 2008 (PDF)
- SOM-PTRS Researchers Receive NIH Funding to Further Develop New In-Home Stroke Rehabilitation Device
The following links are intended to provide information and resources that will allow the researcher to work with increased efficiency and effectiveness in the preparation, processing, and management of sponsored projects, and to promote full compliance with UMB and Sponsor requirements. A great place to start is the Office of Research and Development (ORD) site navigation page.
- UMB Post-Doc Network
- Office of Research - Career Development - Contact Information
- Office of Research and Development
- Office of Student Research (OSR)
- Funding Opportunities/Funding Sources
- Grant Consultation Services
- Human Research Protections Office
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
- University of Maryland School of Medicine HIPAA Training
- Tips for Writing Good Proposals
- Pivot - a resource for finding funding opportunities
- SciVal - a resource for finding collaborators and publications of UMB researchers
Other research resources exist for PTRS members on the Intranet.
* NOTE: - The PTRS Intranet is located at http://blackboard.umaryland.edu. Enter the ORG SOM-PTRS INTRANET course/organization shell. Follow the link for Research Resources.