PTRS Strategic Plan 2012-2016
The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science (PTRS) advocates for and advances societal health by optimizing wellness and human performance through excellence in education, research, clinical practice, and service.
By integrating education, research, clinical practice, and service PTRS excels in:
- Graduating culturally competent professionals capable of delivering excellent client-centered clinical care through critical thinking, evidence based practice and lifelong learning.
- Providing new knowledge and evidence that enhances rehabilitation science and supports clinical practice through expertise, innovation, technology and scientific.
- Guiding and promoting the physical therapy profession and rehabilitation science through engagement with scientific and professional organizations as well as local, national, and international communities.
These values will serve as the basis for PTRS to fulfill its mission and achieve its vision.
- Diversity, cultural competence, and inclusivity
- Social responsibility
- Collaboration and communication
- Respect, ethical behavior, integrity, and professionalism
- Fiscal responsibility
Goal 1: Achieve national and international preeminence with collaborations and inter-professional partnerships
- Objective A: Establish a Program Project and/or Center of Excellence to address factors affecting age-related transitions in human motor function across the lifespan
- Objective B: Actualize the DPT/PhD dual degree program
- Objective C: Create advanced clinical training programs
- Objective D: Maximize inter-professional spheres of influence and utilization of available resources
- Objective E: Create an image/brand that promotes recognition as a top-tier ranked program
Goal 2: Ensure an infrastructure of human and physical resources that promotes efficient, effective, progressive, and cutting-edge operations
- Objective A: Complete a master plan for sustainability
- Objective B: Develop a master plan to recruit, develop and retain qualified, talented and diverse faculty, staff and students to support departmental programs
- Objective C: Utilize appropriate technologies to maximize education, research and service
Goal 3: Ensure PTRS’ financial viability, sustainability, resiliency and growth
- Objective A: Maximize and prioritize available financial resources and establish contingency plans
- Objective B: Research and develop new recurrent funding sources
- Objective C: Establish an Advancement Office within PTRS and maximize advancement opportunities by increasing endowments, foundation and discretionary fundraising