Our clinical education program consists of two Integrated Clinical Experiences (ICE) and three Full Time Clinical Internships.
Integrated Clinical Experiences consist of one full day a week in the clinic for eight weeks and occur during the Fall and Spring of the second year. Students are simultaneously involved in the Neuromuscular and Musculoskeletal blocks of the didactic curriculum during these experiences.
The Full Time Clinical Internships occur during the third year and are each eleven weeks in length, for a total of 33 weeks of clinical experience. Students will complete an internship in each of the following settings: medically complex, elective rehabilitation specialty, and community based. At the start of the full-time clinical internship experience, students will have already completed the didactic curriculum and passed a cumulative clinical qualifying exam.
This webpage will host updated news related to clinical education and forms related to each of the clinical experiences.
We welcome feedback from our clinical partners. Please feel free to contact the clinical education office at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms for Our Clinical Sites
Clinics can submit their availability to take our students via the online Full-Time Internship & Integrated Clinical Experience or ICE (formerly Part-Time Affiliation) Placement Forms below.
- Full-Time Internship Placement Form
- Integrated Clinical Experience or ICE (formerly Part-Time Affiliation) Placement Form
Clinical Education Team
Laurie Neely, PT, DPT, NCS
Director of Clinical Education and Assistant Professor
Rachel Skolky, PT, DPT
Assistant Director of Clinical Education and Instructor
Administrative Clinical Education Coordinator
Administrative Clinical Education Assistant
Clinical Internship Dates
Graduating Class of 2018
- ICE 1 (Part Time): October 12 - November 30, 2016
- ICE 2 (Part Time): February 22 - April 12, 2017
- Full Time Internship 1: July 10 - September 22, 2017
- Full Time Internship 2: October 2 - December 15, 2017
- Full Time Internship 3: January 15 - March 30, 2018
Graduating Class of 2019
- ICE 1 (Part Time): October 4 – November 22, 2017
- ICE 2 (Part Time): February 21 – April 11, 2018
- Full Time Internship 1: July 16 – September 28, 2018
- Full Time Internship 2: October 8 – December 21, 2018
- Full Time Internship 3: January 15 – March 29, 2019
Clinical Education Handbook
Benefits of Being a CI to UMB PTRS Students
PTRS Curriculum Schedule
Integrated Clinical Experiences (ICE 1 and 2) Forms
Full Time Internship Forms
Web Based CPI
PTRS Fall Job Fair
Check back later for details about the next PTRS job fair