Our clinical education program consists of two Integrated Clinical Experiences (ICEs) and three Full Time Clinical Experiences (FTCEs).
Integrated Clinical Experiences consist of one full day a week in the clinic for eight weeks and occur during the Fall and Spring of the second year. Students are simultaneously involved in the Neuromuscular and Musculoskeletal blocks of the didactic curriculum during these experiences. In addition to clinic visits, students participate in various professional integration opportunities and community service as a part of the ICEs.
The Full Time Clinical Experiences occur during the third year and are each eleven weeks in length, for a total of 33 weeks of clinical education experience. Students will complete an experience in each of the following settings: medically complex, elective rehabilitation specialty, and community based. At the start of the full time clinical education experience, students will have already completed the didactic curriculum and passed a cumulative clinical qualifying exam.
We welcome feedback from our clinical partners. Please feel free to contact the clinical education office at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Clinical Instructors can find information about upcoming students by accessing their profiles through CORE ELMS, our online management software. A library of CI resources, a job board, example forms, and feedback surveys are also available within this software.
Clinical Education Team
Rachel Skolky, PT, DPT
Assistant Director of Clinical Education and Instructor
Administrative Clinical Education Assistant
Clinical Experience Dates
Graduating Class of 2019
- ICE 1 (Part Time): October 4 – November 22, 2017
- ICE 2 (Part Time): February 21 – April 11, 2018
- Full Time Clinical Experience 1: July 16 – September 28, 2018
- Full Time Clinical Experience 2: October 8 – December 21, 2018
- Full Time Clinical Experience 3: January 14 – March 29, 2019
Graduating Class of 2020
- ICE 1 (Part Time): October 10 - November 28, 2018
- ICE 2 (Part Time): February 20 - April 10, 2019
- Full Time Clinical Experience 1: July 15 - September 27, 2019
- Full Time Clinical Experience 2: October 7 - December 20, 2019
- Full Time Clinical Experience 3: January 13- March 27, 2020
Information for UMB PTRS Clinical Instructors
- Benefits of PTRS Clinical Faculty/Sites
- Instructions to Complete APTA training session and accessing PT CPI
- PT CPI User Guide
- DPT Clinical Education Handbook
- PTRS Curriculum Schedule
- CORE ELMS
Click here to view coming events hosted by PTRS such as...
- PTRS Fall Job Fair Vendor Registration
- PT related Continuing Education Courses
- Alumni Events